I didn't think I'd end up getting anything done today because I had very little motivation to do anything at all. But I wound off two scarf warps and finished weaving one of them. I've had this silk noil yarn in my stash for a while now...Maybe a year and a half? Anyway, I have used it once before and hated it!! But that was because I was expecting it to be like normal silk yarn. Shiny and soft. This yarn is not shiny. At all. :) Well I thought I'd give it another try and see if it weaves up well. We'll see after I wash it if it softens up. It's really stiff right now. Well anyway, here are some pictures:
 |
| The blob of warp yarn that all projects seem to start out as. |
 |
| Tying on! |
 |
| I chose a loose beat for the scarf to promote softness and drape. |
 |
| Ahhh natural sunlight. :) |
 |
| I love watching the cloth grow as I wind it onto the beam. |
 |
| Here's the cone of yarn! It smells...like noil. haha |
 |
| My little studio. :) I got to weave with the front door open all day. |
 |
| Lovely! |
 |
| Finished scarf! Now I have to twist the fringe. |
 |
| Oh Tara. I am in LOVE with lens flares now. |
Back to twisting fringe again!
~JoAnna
Oh this is so lovely! What a glorious lens flare you captured! Mmm. Gotta love it :) This scarf looks lovely, JoAnna! And I am all romantic about the idea about weaving with the door open. How very loverly :) Look at how productive you were even though you had no motivation! Good job. :)
ReplyDeleteThis looks great JoAnna! I love the natural lighting and lens flares as well. Let me know if it softens up in the wash. How long is it?
ReplyDeleteOh my GOODNESS it softened up! It's drape-y and soft. It's weird it's still kind of...sticky, I guess. But that's probably because it's raw silk. I forgot how much I love and miss silk noil!!! It was 88" long before washing and it's....78" (ish) inches now. Wow. I was NOT expecting it to shrink that much.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE silk noil! where did you get the yarn? I want some :)
ReplyDelete