I went out to run a bunch of errands this morning. One stop was the post office! (Be watching the mail Allison and Emma!!) While I was out, I dropped off a commissioned beret, bought yarn for another beret to replace the one I sold in my inventory and scoured all over looking for alum. I finally found it!! Wal Mart NEVER has it in stock. I've checked like a million times. They just don't stock it. I asked the lady at the pharmacy if they carried it and she said check the canning section or the spices. Ugh. Neither place had it. Although I did discover that Hobby Lobby is cheaper to buy Mason jars than Wal Mart. Who knew? Not me.
While I was in Wal Mart scouring (and also looking for coconut oil) I ran into Ben's grandma and she was so sweet and helpful! :) I helped her find canned salmon and sardines and she helped me find coconut oil and alum. I ended up having to go to Kroger to FINALLY FIND THE ALUM!!!!! But I found it and bought two containers. Oh and a lot of rubbing alcohol.
 |
| The elusive alum! Found, bought and ready to be used! |
 |
| This made me so happy when I read it. :) |
 |
| Wood chips in alcohol! Look at how much color has come out just since this morning!! |
 |
| I'm pretty sure this is the red oak...So I wrote it on there. |
 |
| I think this is elm, but I'm not sure...It might actually be pine or just more red oak...or elm and red oak mixed... We'll see. |
Anyway, I'm super duper excited!! :) I can't wait to see what it looks like!
~JoAnna
YAY! Freaking yay!!!!! I am so happy you started doing this! I can't wait to see the progress and get my little something in the mail :)
ReplyDelete